TRANSITIONAL SCHOOLS: INTERVENTION PROGRAMS FOR VULNERABLE STUDENTS
EMPOWERING STUDENTS FOR SUCCESS
Camelot’s Transitional Schools serve as intervention programs for vulnerable students in need of a temporary placement due to behavioral or disciplinary infractions.
The Center for Equity and Excellence in Education reports inextricable links between poor student behavior and future dropouts.
The factors known as the ABC’s – are the strongest predictors of a vulnerable student dropping out and are often interrelated:
Source: Center for Equity and Excellence in Education – Beyond Indicators: An Integrated School-Level Approach to Dropout Prevention, 2009.
Unaddressed disruptive behavior presents a strong correlation with poor academic success and life outcomes:
Percent of all dropouts that happen in the ninth grade
Percent of U.S. jobs a high school dropout is not eligible for:
Source: Education Week, Children Trends Database March 17th, 2015
Transitional school Student testimony:
“Growing up in a single parent home we had a choice, streets or education. I know a few people that took the streets and are never coming home. That was my motivation to get my act together.”
Andrew Brouchet, Houston, TX
10th Grade Student Government
Our Transitional programs:
• Employ the same curriculum and assessments that students are using in their home school
• Align to our school partner’s scope and sequence
• Provide an avenue for remediation and acceleration
• Keep students on track for promotion and graduation
• Ensure required course credit accumulation
• Provide skill development in leadership, positive peer relations, teamwork, and accountability
• Transition students to their home campus with the tools needed to interact positively with peers and adults
Our proven model integrates behavior and academics, creating an active and intentional positive normative culture focused on restorative practices, leadership, accountability, teamwork, and academic success.
We work closely with students, parents and our school partners to ensure that every student transitions back to their home school successfully as evidenced by:
• Improved attendance
• Improved behavior and citizenship
• Improved academics
CAMELOT’S TRANSITIONAL PROGRAM PROMOTED 94% OF STUDENTS TO THE NEXT GRADE LEVEL IN 2018-19.
Find a Camelot School
Enter a school name in the search field or select a state below.
Enter a School Name
Distance Range Radius: KM